In case you missed it, our 77-Day Challenge has come to a close and our winners have been chosen. Tammy and Cullen did absolutely amazing, as shown via their Fit3D scans.
And it wasn’t just them. While Tammy and Cullen may have been the biggest “losers”, everyone who completed the challenge posted some pretty amazing results. A diverse group of individuals, they all shared a common trait: they were willing to put in the work.
Total dietary changes aren’t easy – Crossfit God knows I struggle. But when you’re trying to achieve any sort of weight loss and fitness goal, those changes are necessary. Even the patients on My 600lb Life have to get it together and start eating better before Dr. Now will fully treat them. (I’m not sure how great of an example that was but you get where I’m going with this.)
It all begins with nutrition. Not only does your nutrition affect your results in the gym, but it also helps regulate hormones, digestion, energy levels, and overall mood. (It’s true, Google it.) It might not be the easiest change to make, but it’s the most important. If you’re ready to make that change but don’t know where to begin, here are a few tips to help you get started:
• Use the Plate Method
- 1/2 plate veggies (non-starchy: broccoli, carrots, green beans, asparagus, cauliflower)
- 1/4 plate starch (brown rice, quinoa, beans, sweet potato)
- 1/4 plate lean meats (chicken, fish, turkey)
• Stay hydrated
- consume at least 80 ounces of water a day
- steer clear of sugary beverages
- carry a water bottle with you and drink out of a straw
• The 80/20 Rule
- don’t deprive or restrict yourself
- if you want a treat, have it! Then get back to the healthy stuff
- here’s what the 80/20 rule looks like – save it!
The biggest tip is: don’t let yourself get overwhelmed. Start small. Implement one thing a week or a month and slowly turn them into habits. Slow progress is better than no progress. And remember, we’re always here to help in any way we can so if you have any questions, all you have to do is ask.
Have a safe and happy Easter!